It's the half way point of the 21 day detox I've been doing. it's not a specific detox, but one that a friend's daughter, who is a massage therapist and student of nutrition, made up. (I shared the specifics of the detox in this post, in case you want to read about it.) There are a group of us doing it together and we keep in touch via Facebook. We encourage each other, share recipes, ask questions and report on how our days are going.
I hate to be all "omg, I feel great", and "I have so much energy", but both those are true! I'll try to be calm as I share the following observations with you.
- The body is an amazing thing. That I can change my diet for 11 days and have a 180 degree turn from how I felt 12 days ago proves that.
- My joint aches are virtually gone as are the headaches.
- The knee pain I've had since I "sprained" it almost 3 months ago is gone.
- No more swollen hands and feet.
- My brain feels really sharp and I haven't been forgetting as much.
- The heart palpitations that have plagued me since I've been peri-menopausal are gone.
- I have so much energy that I've exercised 4 times this week and enjoyed tolerated it. I'm not quite loving it yet.
- My head is no longer all plugged up. I haven't woken up sneezing once this week.
- The sharp, gassy stomach pains I'd get daily are gone.
- *Gross Alert* I'm successfully pooping eliminating every darn day, sometimes twice. When eating a lot of beets the daily elimination will be shocking until you realize all that red is from the beets! TMI I know, but I felt the need to share.
There is no drug that could have taken away all the icky feeling symptoms I had and even if there was I doubt it would work so successfully in 11 days!